April 3, 2009

Daddy Daughter Dance

Emma is old enough to attend the church "Daddy Daughter Dance". She had such a fun time dressing up and dancing with her Dad. Before the event, she confided in me that she was very nervous and asked if I would teach her "the dance". I was confused until she explained, "Mom, I am embarrassed to say, but I don't know the dance routine!" I laughed and explained it is just a free dance not a routine dance. She was completely relieved.


They had a great time and best of all, while other girls hung out with their girlfriends, Emma insisted on spending every second with her Dad. These two clearly outlasted all other father/daughter couples!

4 comments:

Kristine Van Buskirk said...

So cute! I remember a post just like this, but with Shailey. Glenn's so fun! What a lucky family to have such an awesome dad! She looked like she had a blast! I wish they would do daddy/daughter things out here. Maybe I can suggest one. ha ha We must be boring. :)

Natalie said...

How fun! I still remember my daddy daughter dance.

Loved all these posts. So jealous that Shailey is old enough to babysit. And how did Jonas get to be five already?

Emma made me laugh so hard, "What if I have to point?!"

Annie said...

Pretty dang fun. Way to shake your groove thang (in a good way, of course!).

Anonymous said...

This is so incredibly sweet. I don't get to your blog as often as I'd like (life, you know), but I lovelovelove it. MKP, aka your once-upon-a-time cat-sitter in Tamarron.