September 30, 2010

Duran Duran


My friend Aviva Duncan got Lisa and I ticket's to a fundraiser with a 1980's theme 
which included DURAN DURAN

There were several novelty performances:

HEY MIKI,


Robert Palmer's SIMPLY IRISISTABLE,



And electronic hula hoop dancer,



SOLID GOLD dancers on a RUBIX CUBE,


And GIANT GO GO GIRLS in white knee high boots at the entrance.
(I don't know where they found these huge Japanese girls?! We hypothesized that they are men in drag?)


.... and CHIPS.... yes, among prime rib and creme brulee, 
this fancy venue served regular old potato chips for appetizers
Was that because they are considered a snack from the 80's or because they are "American"?
(Lisa and I worked really hard to get a photo of this delicious snack because it made us laugh!)


Then there was this HUGE model... he was cute, but SO BIG!
(Lisa was awesome to be my poser)


 And best of all, 
DURAN DURAN

Simon LeBon
still a hotty, still sang fabulous, and still could work the stage!



We were right in front of the stage (not in this photo)
at one point, I reached out and touched LeBon's shoe just because I could :)


 Keyboardist, Nick Rhodes


Guitarist, John Taylor 


Even though Lisa was pregnant, and I am in my "uh-hum" 30's, we got to be teenagers again; screaming, dancing, and singing. 
Best songs : Girls on Film and Rio
Awesome concert!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bring out the cheer leaders!!!! Nice hoola hoop. Can't see the person but cool. And don't forget the chips, wish I was there:) Love you mom. It is sad but fun to see Japans memories. I miss it too.-Emma the Bemma

The Bock Family said...

Oh man....Jeff is going to be jealous!! He loved (still loves) Duran, Duran. Too funny!

Hiromi said...

I'm jealous! You know,I was a huge fan of Duran Duran when I was a really young. Was it in Japan? The guitarist is "John" Taylor, not "Andy". Wow, he is still awesome!

Lisa Brown said...

Yeah- we rocked it. I forgot about the chips and Mr. Seriously Tall Man. What a party! And I played Duran Duran for Maybeline and she totally started dancing! Like running man, moon walk... you name it. She remembers rocking on with her bad self.

dallin+michelle said...

PAR-TAY!! i've been to duran duran and they are a FLASH BACK of fun!! not gonna lie, but anything with you trace is a party! you can make ANYthing all the better... you appreciate the little things... fun to get some "free chip samples" haha! it is an american fav. love it all!!!