April 23, 2008

Lights, Camera, Action, Jonas!

Finally we have the end results of Jonas' first modeling job. It was for the Mitsukoshi Department store, the Bloomingdale's of Tokyo.
Look at that face!... clearly I don't fuss over his hair enough.... he is not enjoying getting his hair fixed.
I was very nervous how he would do because he is so active. Amazingly, he got on stage and posed as if he was the coolest and calmest kid this side of the Mississippi. They tried to give him directions in Japanese, but we only understood when they told him to "jump" (only because they demonstrated the jump :).
They used his jumping shot in the final draft. He was a natural... even put his hands in his pockets all on his own., and then the director went "Oooohh!" and started clicking the camera, click, click, click. Kawa i ne? ("isn't he cute?"... about the only Japanese I understood).

If you like his outfit, you better talk to Mr. Trump... his jeans are $400 and his shirt is $200.... that is in US dollars, not yen.... yikes!

9 comments:

Ginger Rogers said...

I have never been first for a comment.......Here I am! First on the list! Oh wait, maybe you just haven't looked at your comments yet??? Jonas is a NATURAL! How did you get so lucky to have your SON enjoy picture taking? Was it his model sister's who set an amazing example of what to do? Or maybe his MODEL mother??? Thank you for the lessons! :) He is a stud! Love the hands in the pockets! That is my favorite! Jonas' older brother over here does that too! :) How incredible to see your kids in magazines !!!!!!! I can't believe I'm typing that??? It's unreal! It's so amazing! I'm so glad you brought them to Idaho so I could see to! Tell Jonas his bro says hi! :)

Anonymous said...

You CAN'T get any cuter than that!!! To die for! Love, Mom

Glenn Ostlund said...

But we'll sell them to you as a set for an even $500 USD and even get him to autograph them. Any takers?

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update, I was starting to wonder if you were all right, it's been too long. Have a wonderful day.
Love, Vicki

Natalie said...

Oh my word, Jonas is sooo cute in those picutures!!

Into the Wood's said...

He is so adorable!!! How does he feel about posing? He obviously didn't like his hair messed with, but is the rest of it fun for him? You're great to give them these opportunities--

Kristine Van Buskirk said...

I went back and checked the comments, and realized (again) that I read these and forgot to post! Sorry. Jonas is a doll! And sounds like a natural poser. Must be good from all the practice. ha ha. I miss him! When I see him or hear his stories, it makes me excited (yes, excited) to see Liam be a BOY! Love him! From the stories I've heard, sounds like Stew was the same, and so I'm expecting Liam to follow. Ha. Kiss him from his Aunt Kristine!

Silly Monkeys said...

What an experience this is for him to be a model, just like his big sis. Showing off how cute he is. Jonas is a natural at showing off his cuteness.

Smoochie Lady April of Cook said...

You know why he is so cute... he's Hollis's twin! Honestly, this kid wins the cute contest. I love that when I went to his classroom to pick him up last week he was so excited that he stood up to hug me (I forgot to tell you that). He and Hollis are truly the dynamic duo.