December 25, 2010

Movie Debut Part One

This past spring, Emma and Jonas were cast as children in a TV movie for the dramatic series called 
BEST HOUSE 1,2,3

It was a re-enactment of a true story about an American mother named, Diane Downs who shot her three kids in the 1980's.   I was initially concerned the subject matter would be too much for them but as it turns out, I was concerned for nothing because it never felt real to them.  They would act their scene and it was all they could do not to bust up laughing.   Emma knew she eventually would get shot, so she kept asking, "when do I get the fake blood?"  




Here is our modeling agent, Ai.  She is like my kids' big sister, we LOVE her!


Here is Emma and her abusive mother, only this time, Emma is pretending to give her mother the bruised face.  The painted bruises however, are supposed to be from the mother's abusive boyfriend.


 Half way through the day's shoot, Jonas was completely stir crazy, so I took both of them outside to do PUSH UPS.  That became my new game plan; if they got too rowdy, it was push up time.  Even Ai joined in :).





The kids were supposed to be poor, so they look like orphans in every shot.  Pictured below, they are at their sad breakfast table where Emma was supposed to be feeding her siblings without any help from her mother (it is a sad story).


2 comments:

Grammie said...

How did I miss seeing all of these? (Oh yeah, it was our hotel time...) So much fun! Love it!

Kristine Van Buskirk said...

I love to say that I got to see them ON TV in Japan! It was so awesome! I felt guilty enjoying the show so much, because the story was so horrible. But, LOVED my niece and nephew! :) My fav part was when Emma was trying desperately to not laugh. That always makes me laugh! LOL